This building has its origins in the standard Vogel-era goods shed. It is a standard 9 m wide by 33 m long, with lapped weatherboards and a corrugated-iron roof. It has large sliding doors at each end to allow railway wagon access for loading and unloading. There are also four sliding doors on the road elevation. The only windows are three four-pane windows on the track elevation. The interior arrangement is structurally largely original.
The goods shed was built in 1897, at the same time as the original station building. It was used for freight handling and storage until the mid 1980s, when it stopped handling less-than-wagonload freight. Early photographs suggest that the building may originally have been shorter, but in 1909 it was at its present length – the longest and rarest standard goods shed [Check]. It was reroofed in 1956-57.